It’s very rare for a lesson to be cancelled as we can sail in all sorts of conditions. We sail in up to 30 knot winds regularly (good winds make for great sailing), so it’s usually the rain not wind that sometimes postpones a lesson.
It’s actually best to learn in a variety of conditions so you’re prepared for anything once you’ve completed the course.
- Do I need to have any previous experience?
- How many students are there in a class?
- How many hours are in the classroom vs out on the water?
- What type of yacht do we learn on?
- Are lessons ever cancelled due to bad weather?
- How do I know what role on the yacht to do – will you help me decide?
- What happens if I feel seasick?
- What do I get a at the end of the course?
- Will I be awarded a pass or fail at the end of the course?
- Do I have to complete a course or have any type of qualification to sail or charter a boat?