There are no legal requirements or licensing to charter a boat in New Zealand. However we strongly encourage everyone who wants to sail (or even just be a regular passenger) to learn the essentials of sailing, chart work and water safety.
- Do I need to have any previous experience?
- How many students are there in a class?
- How many hours are in the classroom vs out on the water?
- What type of yacht do we learn on?
- Are lessons ever cancelled due to bad weather?
- How do I know what role on the yacht to do – will you help me decide?
- What happens if I feel seasick?
- What do I get a at the end of the course?
- Will I be awarded a pass or fail at the end of the course?
- Do I have to complete a course or have any type of qualification to sail or charter a boat?